Here’s my resolution for the new year:
Before I complain about anything, I am to remember what I am grateful for. I will use my fingers to count, if I have to.
1) Housing: we have a comfortable, affordable home.
2) Food: we have easy access to inexpensive, healthy food. And expensive, unhealthy food too, if we chose it.
3) Transportation: we have a paid for car, three bikes and the opportunity for free airplane trips. Plus, we can all walk for long distances without difficulty.
4) Health: we are all reasonably healthy. We have access to excellent health care, should we need it and a way to pay for it also.
5) Enrichment: the kids are in school, we have a free public library, the internet for a small fee and the time to pursue most of the interests that we have.
So, if you see me open my mouth, then close it and count on my fingers….you will know what I am doing–counting my blessings.